Friday, March 27, 2009

rain, rain, go away

I love the rain
but for some reason, after three straight days and two more in the forecast,
even I'm feeling a bit down today
so I am reminiscing about a day last week that was bright and sunny
the whole team packed up and went hiking at one of our favorite spots
everything was blooming
as we walked I could feels those layers of winter slowly peeling away
we shed our coats, then our sweatshirts
stopping for lunch we basked in the sun and climbed trees
I know I'm too old to be climbing
but I still love the challenge of finding just the right route up
in another month the trail will be teeming with life
right now it is still waking up
like we are
so even though I love you rainy days
can you go away?
come back when we aren't enjoying those first few days of spring
we will appreciate you more then

No comments: