Thursday, March 4, 2010

out and about

I ran errands with my sweet girl today
we're getting ready for our annual girl's oscar party
flowers, movies star shades, chocolates, etc.
she had a lot to say
"mom, do you know that you're famous?"
good to know. i had no idea!
and "when can I get those things on my teeth?"
what things?
"you know those shiny things where you can change the colors?"
(thank goodness she was not talking about a grill)
how does she know about braces? and changing colors?
I can see her checking out the big kids at the dentist office
this child is definitely a watcher
we also happened upon a VW bug
something I've been trying to get a photo of forever
they come in a beautiful blue/grey/green color
I love color but a name for this one alludes me
(it's a tad more green and grey than in this shot)
I've been looking for it for a long time
it's the perfect color for my bedroom walls
so we snapped a shot and headed to the paint store
we settled on tranquility for the bedroom and beehive for the kitchen
I think I'm getting close to deciding
as we got close to home she asked,
"are we getting back into our territory?"
spoken like a girl who usually spends her days fighting battles with her brothers
thank goodness for our girl time!

No comments: